The links provided are for informational purposes only. WyoCARE, the Counselor Education and Supervision Department and the College of Education at the University of Wyoming and the Department of Health's SA/MH Division does not endorse all materials and has not verified the accuracy or reliability of any information contained therein..
Educational | Prevention/Treatment | Tobacco | Violence | Wellness| Downloadable Resources| Therapies and Techniques| Support Programs for WYO Citizens |
Educational Links Back to top
- College of Health Science's Division of Social Work
University of Wyoming's College of Health Science's provides many professional career programs. Social Work is one available discipline.
University of Wyoming's Professional Studies Program offers a certificate program on early childhood mental health. Use the link above to view their brochure.
- The National child Traumatic Stress Network
Many resources for professionals and parents. This site is for Spanish Language Speakers
- Alcohol, Tobacco and Drug Web Sites: A large listing of web sites concerning research, prevention, training, information, recovery, organizations and agencies from the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Institute at the University of Washington.
- DrugWatch.com: is a comprehensive Web site featuring extensive information about thousands of different medications and drugs currently on the market or previously available worldwide.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse: This institution covers drug abuse research in the areas of treatment and prevention, epidemiology, neuroscience, behavioral science, health services, and AIDS.
- UW's Professional Studies Play Therapy Site: This is the site created for individuals interested in the play therapy institute through the University of Wyoming's Counselor Education Department and Michael Morgan Ph.D.
- Wyoming Professional Teaching Standards Board:This site is the home site of the Wyoming Professional Teaching Standards Board, which certifies educators around the state.
- Wyoming Professional Licensing Board: This is the Wyoming Professional Licensing Board. The staff here is very helpful with licensing, renewal, and continued education requirements.
- University of Wyoming: This is the home site for the University of Wyoming.
- John P. "Jack" Ellbogen Center for Teaching and Learning
This website provides you with many avenues for learning about teaching in new and creative ways.
- UW's Professional Studies Program: This is the site for UW’s Counselor Education and Supervision program in the College of Education that provides WyoCARE with faculty leadership and support.
- Counselor Education Training Clinic
This is the training clinic for UW’s Counselor Education program. Free and reduced fee counseling and substance abuse assessment services are offered to the general public.
- Student Loans: This site is Wyoming’s primary student loan lender for citizens who want to continue their education.
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
This is the home site for the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
- Alcohol Policy Advocacy
This site provides information about advocating for policy to decrease alcohol consumption
- State tax increases on alcohol
This site provides Information about state tax increase on alcohol and the benefits that brings
- Center for Disease Control: Alcohol
The center for disease control provides a great deal of information in regard to alcohol
- Youth investment: This site provides a vast amount of information on investing in our youth and our leaders of the future.
- ATTC Network: Unifying science, education and services to transform lives.
Prevention/Treatment Links Back to top
- Mesothelioma Center
With more than 3,500 pages of content this site features information on asbestos, mesothelioma, and other cancers that are caused by asbestos exposure (lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate
cancer, liver cancer, etc.).
- Rethinking Drinking: This site allows you to take a different look at consumption of alcohol. Interactive activities are available here along with information to support a life style change.
- The Cool Spot: This site is a place that young teens can go to find information about alcohol and resisting peer pressure.
- American's for Non-Smokers Rights
This site provides best practice ideas for non-smokers and coalitions fighting for a smoke free America.
- Real Parents - Real Answers
This site provides support for parents who are working toward helping thier children stay smoke free. They offer free webinars and options to chat with other parents with
the same mission.
- Information about talking to your kids about drugs, etc
This site provides information and support in knowing how to address tough issues such as tobacco, drugs, and alcohol.
- Get the I: This is the main site for the get the i project which intends to reduce the incidence of HIV disease, STDs, hepatitis B and C infection, and unintended pregnancies.
- Native American Prevention Programs (Western CAPT)
The Native American Initiative was created by an American Indian Prevention Coalition including individuals from various tribes across the United States. The Western
CAPT became involved in the Initiative in September of 1999 When the Center for Substance Abuse Prevention asked the CAPT to co-sponsor the "Sacred Hoop Journey"
and to initiate a search of Native American prevention programs from across the United States.
- American Council for Drug Education
The mission of ACDE is to diminish substance abuse and its impact by: Gathering, analyzing, and monitoring the most current scientific data; Developing preventive and responsive programs and materials; Disseminating information through all viable means.
- Developmental Research and Programs
Provides regular updates on prevention research; a community registry for Communities That Care users.
- The Higher Education Center for Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention
An organization providing nationwide support for campus alcohol and illicit drug prevention efforts.
- Join Together Online
Join Together Online is a resource center and meeting place for communities working to reduce the harms associated with the use of illicit drugs, excessive alcohol, and tobacco.
- National Prevention Network (NPN)
A subsidiary of the National Association of State Alcohol and Drug Abuse Directors.
- Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America
CADCA's mission is to build and strengthen the capacity of community coalitions to empower them to prevent and reduce substance abuse. The organization supports its members with technical assistance and training, public policy, media strategies and marketing programs, conferences and special events.
- National Drug Prevention League (NDPL)
By linking individual efforts against drug abuse throughout America, the NDPL helps to provide the reinforcement and linkages that make prevention work.
- National Network for Youth
Develops and advocates community strategies that promote positive youth development through its direct, regional, and state membership.
- Safe and Drug-Free Schools Program, U.S. Department of Education
Serves as the federal government's primary vehicle for preventing drug use and violence among youth through school-based education and prevention activities.
- National Drug Prevention League Member Sites
A list of sites including most all major national drug abuse prevention organizations including those involved with community coalitions, schools, parent and family groups, the media, research and medicine, and the major groups working with special populations.
- National Families in Action
They have an new web site. It has an "Ask the Experts" section which is an electronic version of Sue Rusche's King Features syndicated newspaper column. You can submit questions and review previously submitted questions and their answers. Another section contains links to four multicultural groups which share a desire to educate parents and kids about drugs.
- The Northwest Regional Education Laboratory
The Northwest Regional Education Laboratory website contains a variety of information related to their mission of working with schools and communities to improve educational outcomes for children, youth, and adults.
HandsNet is a national, nonprofit network that promotes information sharing, cross-sector collaboration and advocacy among individuals and organizations working on a broad range of public interest issues. HandsNet on the web offers the Internet community a substantive preview of HandsNet's full-featured service on CONNECT. It also features dynamic "Handslinks" connections to select Internet resources of value to human services professionals.
- Children's Mental Health
This site serves as the National Technical Assistance Center for Children’s Mental Health.
- Mental Health Information
This site is the National Mental Health Information Center.
- Mental Health
This is a samhsa resource for systems of care.
- More SAMHSA
This site offers more information about systems of care.
- Healthy Care Systems
This site provides a wealth of information about healthy systems of care.
- Addiction Resource
This site offers world renowned addiction treatment, publishing, education, and recovery support.
This is the national site for substance abuse and mental health issues.
- National Institute on Mental Health
This site is the National Institute on Mental Health.
- US FDA
This site is the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse
This is the home site for National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse. Resources, articles, publications, statistics and a great deal more can be found here.
This is the home site for advancing effective alcohol and drug policy, prevention, and treatment.
- SAMHSA Drug and Alcohol Information
This site provides drug and alcohol information from SAMHSA.
- College Drinking and Prevention: This site houses research about college drinking and prevention.
- Buprenorphine: This site will help you learn about buprenorphine and find a treatment specialist near you.
This site is a national for children’s resources.
- Denver, Colorado Metro Youth Discussions
This site shows video of local (Denver Metro) youth talking about a variety of subjects including addiction, drinking, body image, suicide, and so on. This is real youth
discussing real issues.
- Where do you draw the line campaign home page
This site is the website for the; Where Do You Draw the Line?' marketing campaign for Wyoming created by Sulke.
- The Great Pretenders Party Guide presented by AAA
This guide can be used to find fun and fabulous nonalcoholic drink recipes.
- The Journal of Global Drug Policy and Practice
This journal link provides information about global drug policy and practice.
- CDC's Message Resources Center
This site provides you with examples and copies of advertisements etc that you can use for your prevention and wellness causes.
- The Hills Center
The Drug Rehab Guide is a collaborative effort by addiction professionals to provide a one-stop resource for the most common questions and concerns about finding,
entering and leaving a drug rehabilitation center.
- Multicultural Health Division
The mission of the WOMH is to minimize health disparities among underserved populations in the state through collaboration, advocacy, and education; and to promote
culturally competent programs aimed at improving access to healthcare.
Tobacco Links Back to top
- Wyoming Prevention Management Organization
Influencing the Future of Wyoming Wellness
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Older tobacco documents, advertisements, videos, etc.
- Interactive Tobacco Map
This interactive map provides data for each state in the areas of spending, smoke-free laws, and cigarette taxes.
- FDA Center for Tobacco Products Public Docket for Tobacco Products Scientific Advisory Committee
FDA Center for Tobacco Products has established a public docket to provide an opportunity for interested parties to share information, research, and ideas on how use of dissolvable tobacco
products may impact public health, including such use among children. This information will be used to support the work of the Tobacco Products Scientific Advisory Committee, which is charged with
evaluating this issue.
- Protecting Kids from Tobacco
New FDA rules to protect kids from tobacco.
- Tobacco BBS
An extremely useful site for resources to tobacco subjects. They are mostly categorized for you. Very current, kept up by a very conscientious person. It it's about tobacco, it will be found here somewhere. A cavernous site, extremely well managed.
- INFACT's Tobacco Industry Campaign
INFACT Turns Spotlight on Tobacco Marketing to Children.
- Center for Tobacco Free Kids
The CAMPAIGN FOR TOBACCO-FREE KIDS is the country's largest non-government initiative ever launched to protect children from tobacco addiction and exposure to second-hand smoke.
- Center for Disease Conttol's Office on Smoking and Health
This comprehensive site includes news, data, educational materials, publications and how-to-quit pages, along with the Surgeon General's reports and a good kids' page.
- Coalition for the National Tobacco Settlement
An umbrella organization for those who support a tobacco settlement and comprehensive plan for reducing smoking by America's children.
Get help in beating your tobacco addiction.
- Center of Disease Control: Tobacco: This site is the Center of Disease Control’s information on smoking and tobacco use.
- Prevention of Tobacco Use
This is the partnership for prevention site with the focus area of tobacco use.
- Example of Prevention Program
This site provides you with Georgia’s tobacco use prevention program as an example of programs.
- Wind River Tobacco Use Prevention Program: This site is a tobacco use prevention program on the Wind River Indian Reservation.
- Wyoming Tobacco Free Kids
This is Wyoming’s tobacco free kids website.
This site is Wyoming’s quit smoking network.
- Wyoming's Tobacco Use Prevention Coalition Contact Information
This site provides information about smoking cessation.
This site provides you with motivation, education and support for those whom would like to quit smoking.
This site provides you with resources to help you quit smoking.
- Tobacco documents
This site provides you with many documents about tobacco to read, to print, and to use as guides.
- Quit Doing It
This site provides information about tobacco use and it's effects.
- North Carolina Tobacco Free Schools
This site provides a model program for tobacco free schools.
Policies about smoke-free communities
- Americans for Nonsmokers' Rights: model Smoke-free Meeting Policy
This link will provide you with an example of a smoke-free meeting policy that can be adapted for your use.
- Wyoming Smoke-Free Dining
This link will provide you with a list of smoke-free dining facilities in Wyoming.
- Smoke-Free Lodging
This link will provide you with a list of smoke-free lodging facilities in Wyoming.
- Secondhand Smoke Exposure and Cardiovascular Effects: Making Sense of the Evidence
This link will provide you with a full text article about second hand smoke risks.
Violence Prevention Links Back to top
- California Coalition Against Sexual Assault (CALCASA): CALCASA provides leadership, vision and resources to rape crisis centers, individuals and other entities committed to ending sexual violence.
- Center for Research on Violence Against Women and Children
A collaborative venture of Fanshawe College, The London Coordinating Committee to End Woman Abuse and The University of Western Ontario.
- The Harry Frank Guggenheim Foundation
The Harry Frank Guggenheim Foundation sponsors scholarly research on problems of violence, aggression, and dominance.
- Wyoming Division of Victim Services: Office of the Attorney General
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service
The National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS) is one of the most extensive sources of information on criminal and juvenile justice in the world.
- Prevent Violence.org
Resources for Youth is a public education campaign funded by a grant to Martin & Glantz LLC from the California Wellness Foundation.
- Center for the Study & Prevention of Violence
The CSPU offers information, conducts research, offers technical assistance in an effort to reduce violence in the community.
Lots of information for parents, educators, and teens about gangs, why they are popular, and why to stay away from them.
- National Center for Injury Prevention and Control: Division of Violence Prevention
A site with lots of statistics and information about youth and adult violence. Also include information on current projects being worked on by the CDC Division on Violence Prevention.
- Bullying Information
Best practices for bullying.
This is the site for the National Center for Mental Health Promotion and Youth Violence Prevention.
- Wyoming Safehouse
This is the home page for Wyoming safehouse, an organization dedicated to non-violent living.
- Wyoming Womens' Organizations
This site provides contact information for all the women’s organizations in Wyoming.
- Wyoming Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Programs Directory
- Safeyouth.org: This is the site of the National Youth Violence Prevention Center.
- Center for Disease Control
This site is the home site for the Center of Disease Control and Prevention. This specific link is about violence and bullying prevention.
This site is available as a resource for violence and children.
- Healthy and Safe Workplaces: This site offers a guide to safe and healthy workplaces.
- Workplace Violence Prevention
This is a resource list for workplace violence prevention.
- OSHA Workplace Violence Prevention
This site offers information about workplace violence from OSHA.
- DomesticViolence.org: This site provides resources and information about domestic violence.
- Domestic Violence Hotline
This site is the national domestic violence hotline.
- Domestic Violence Awareness Handbook
This is domestic violence awareness handbook provided by the US Department of Agriculture.
- National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
National support for domestic violence
- Wyoming's domestic violence and sexual assault coalition
This coalition can support you with local concerns in regard to domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline
This hotline/lifeline provides support for folks who are in emotional crisis, especially Veterans
Wellness Back to top
- Wellness Community
This is a link to a web site community focused on wellness.
- National Wellness Institute
This is the site of the National Wellness Institute.
- Definitions of Wellness
This site provides definitions and dimensions of wellness.
- Tips about health
This site provides information and tips on service providers and consumers.
- Health and wellness information from university faculty
Health and wellness information from the faculty of the Universities of Cincinnati, Ohio State and Case Western Reserve.
- Wellness articles
Educate yourself about health and wellness with the most up-to-date articles on the web.
- More wellness articles
Educational Articles and Resources on health, wellness, nutrition, herbs, whole foods, and natural lifestyle.
- Health and wellness articles
Here at Enhanced Healing, we have health & wellness articles come from an assortment of doctors, therapists, counselors, and experts.
Wellness Magazine-health and wellness
Dieting, wellness, health and fitness issues are explored in these articles brought to you by Prevention magazine.
- Family Wellness
Pathways Magazine provides vital resources for family wellness.
- Breast Cancer Wellness Magazine
This link is for a magazine focused on breast cancer wellness
- Prevention Magazine
Smart ways to live well with info and tips from experts on weight loss, fitness, health, nutrition, recipes, anti-aging & diets from Prevention Magazine.
- Wellness Advocates
This site offers the advocacy side of wellness.
- Holistic Health/Wellness
What is the definition of holistic health? It's a wellness approach that addresses the body, mind and spirit or the physical, emotional and spiritual ...
- Stress Management Holistically
A recent survey showed that 70-90% of us feel stressed at work and outside. Unless we learn to manage stress, we will get sick.
- Compassion Fatigue Awareness Project
The following two tests were designed to help you recognize symptoms of Compassion Fatigue and Life Stress in your life.
The Figley Institute offers trainings and resources about disaster, trauma, compassion
This provides you with an alphabet of practices of spirituality or connection from around the world.
This article provides alternative views of cancer.
- Núñez, Johnna: We Dance With Spirit: Understanding Spiritual Healing from the Wisdom of Spirit Workers.
This research project/dissertation discusses complementary and integrative medicines and therapies including spiritual healing.
- HBO Documentary: THIN
This documentary shares information about eating disorders.
- PBS Documentary: Dying to be Thin
This documentary shares information about eating disorders.
- Perfect Illusions: Eating Disorders and the family
This PBS documentary shares information about eating disorders and how they affect the family as well.
Downloadable Resources Back to top
This presentation was presented at the National Tobacco Conference by Mark Hicks.
Understanding alcohol, the brain, and Vivitrol
Be aware there are new and evolving forms of nicotine and tobacco
Dying for a Drink or Drug: Suicide and Addiction by Richard Reis MD
This is the new release of information to be used for participants in the Wyoming Quit Tobacco Program
This article discusses tobacco use with the aid of a hookah smoking device
This is an online course about environmental strategies for prevention through CSAP
Integrating Environmental Change Theory Into Prevention Practice
Therapies and Techniques Back to top
- Tapping Video and Information:
This site is one that provides you with information about tapping, a healing and treatment modality that uses tapping on the body to alleviate symptoms.
- Motivational Interviewing
This is the home site for the motivational interviewing organization. Information, training opportunities and a wealth of knowledge about motivational interviewing is available at this site.
This is a guide for a brief screening and intervention for trauma patients
- About SBIRT
This site is the main site for SBIRT information.
This is a brief treatment guide for adults struggling with marijuana dependence
- BASICS (Brief Alcohol Screening and Intervention with College Students)
Find information on the above assessment.
- Substance Abuse Subtle Screening Inventory
Examine material about this screening.
- ASI or Addiction Severity Index
Find a tutorial program on giving this interview type assessment.
Support Programs for Wyoming Citizens Back to top
- Evanston Reach
Resources, Education & Advocacy for Community Health
Click here to read more with a PDF about Evanston Reach Information
- Wyoming Health Council
- This is the main site for the Wyoming Health Council. There are many resources here for you including contacts, statistics and training/educational opportunities.
- Wyoming Department of Health
- This site is the home site for the Wyoming Department of Health. You can find upcoming training events, resources and provider information on this site. You can also find information about numerous health programs some are listed below.
- Public Health
Official Site for the Community and Public Health Division for the State of Wyoming. Public Health provides MANY great services, one of which is the maternal and family health program which includes the Newborn Metabolic Screening Program, Oral Health Section, the Best Beginnings for Wyoming Babies Program and many more.
- WIC: Women, Infants, and Children
Wyoming Wic Program also known as WYO W.E.S.T. Wic's strives to provide food benefits for children and expecting mothers.
- Wyoming Vaccinates Important People
Wyoming Vaccinates Important People (Wy)VIP provides vaccinations for children and adults, no matter the family income or insurance status. This service is also part of the Community and Public Health Division of Wyoming's Dept. of Health.
- Children's Special Health
A program for children with special heal care needs.
- Nurse-Family Partnership
Housed in Colorado, the Nurse-Family Partnership support success for first-time parents as they embark on parenthood.
This program pays for certain health care services and is available to qualifying families, children, and other individuals applying for benefits.
- KidCare CHIP
KidCare CHIP provides Free or low-cost medical, dental and vision care coverage programs.
- Substance Abuse Division: This site is the home of the Wyoming's Substance Abuse and Mental Health Division. You can find service providers here, statistics, and much, much more.
- Wyoming Department of Education: This site is Wyoming’s Department of Education’s official site.
Wyoming Department of Employment: This is the main site for the Wyoming Department of Employment. You can view information about employment, trends, and other useful employment information from around Wyoming.
- Safe Kids of Wyoming
This site is a partnership with the United Medical Center Foundation, the SAFE KIDS of Wyoming Coalition, with a network of 11 chapters located statewide, is committed to reducing unintentional injury in children and adolescence.
- Family Support Network
Parent coordinators provide advocacy, support, and training for families who have children with disabilities.
- Parent Information Center (PIC)
PIC publishes bi-monthly newsletter and provides information on disabilities, training, and workshops for parents and professionals.
UPLIFT offers services for families with an emotionally and/or behaviorally challenged child or adolescent, including ADHD.
- Wyoming Children's Action Alliance
A non-profit organization with three primary purposes that directly and indirectly impact positive outcomes for children and families in Wyoming: Professional Development, Data Collection and Dissemination, and Active Advocacy.
- Wyoming's Protection & Advocacy System, INC.
Protecting the rights of those with disabilities.
- Wyoming Council on Women's Issues: This site is the home page for the Wyoming Council on Women’s Issues. Information about a variety of women’s issues are shared on this page.
- Wyoming Business Council: This site is the home page for the Wyoming Business Council.
- Economical Legal Help: This site is the home for legal services across the state. Legal aid, which provides free and reduced rates is also provided through this site.
- Wyoming State Legislature: This is the home page for the Wyoming State Legislature. This is your start page for Wyoming advocacy work.
- Vet Center: Keeping the Promise
This site provides resources/services for veterans.
- Military Order Purple Heart Service Foundation
This foundation provides resources for veterans.
- Military OneSource Counseling
This site provides military personel with a referal to a local counselor qualified to help you with your needs..